Education Advocacy U.K. Limited
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice outlines how personal information relating to you and your child is collected, handled and processed by Education Advocacy U.K. Limited.
Education Advocacy U.K. Limited of Unit 16, Forest Gate, Pewsham, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN15 3RS is the Data Controller and its employees the Data Processors.
Any personal data that we handle will be processed in accordance with the GDPR effective from 25 May 2018.
The information we may collect
The following information may be collected, stored and processed:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone numbers
- Your child’s name
- Your child’s date of birth
- You or your child’s medical history if it is relevant to your case
- Your child’s school history
- Your child’s diagnostic reports from external practitioners, including but not limited to psychologists and therapists
- You or your child’s social care records
- Case papers from a Court/Tribunal or other body
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party who we work with for example an Educational Psychologist.
How we use the information
The above information is used to provide our services to you in our capacity as educational law advisors.
The information may be used as follows:
- To advise you on the best course of action to take in relation to your case
- To represent you at meetings
- To represent you at a Tribunal or Court
- To negotiate on your behalf
- Further the conduct of the case
How we hold the information
All personal data is stored on our data base in the UK.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose information whilst acting for you to the following groups: prospective schools, local authority education or social care teams, NHS medical staffs, external practitioners, SENDIST or a Court. We do not sell your information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Legal basis for processing the information
Education Advocacy UK Ltd has the following legal basis for processing of your personal data referred to above:
- Where it is for the performance of any contract we have with you or to take steps to enter into any contract with you
- By consent via signed “Form of Authority” to allow disclosure to the third parties above.
Under GDPR you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you wish to make a request for information, please email email@example.com
Retention of your data
Your case file will be held in paper format for a period of three months from the end of your case when it will be scanned and then destroyed. The scanned file will be stored electronically until your child reaches the age of 28 years, at which point it will be destroyed and no further claims can be made.
Withdrawal of consent
Where consent has been given, it may be withdrawn at any time. If you wish to withdraw this consent, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be reviewed and changed at any time. Updated versions are available on request.